Newport-Fersan (Jamaica) Limited has always prided itself on being focused on the productivity levels of our Jamaican farmers. This truth would have seen us for more than a decade, engaging and facilitating the implementation of the Precise Nutrient Management System (PNMS).
Recognizing that there is still a huge gap between farmers who would have switched to PNMS, and the countless dominant traditional approaches (generally void of secondary macro and micronutrients) of applying fertilizers, we have designed an intermediate step in the right direction.
Fersan’s Booster line of Fertilizers, seeks to address observed deficiencies of both secondary macro and micronutrients based on in-house data, which are not adequately addressed by the dominant traditional tendencies. The Booster line also seeks to supply critical nutrients at the three (3) distinct growth phases, thereby enhancing greater levels of nutrient use efficiency and ultimately crop productivity.
The Booster Line of Fertilizers has 3 blends, namely the Start Booster, Vegetative Booster and Yield Booster.
START BOOSTER 15-15-15+S+Mg(DDP)+ME(DDP)
Focuses on initial nutrient requirement with special emphasis on root development. The Start Booster has a combined combined blend of Primary Macro Nutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium), Secondary Macro Nutrients (Sulfur and Magnesium) and essential Micro Nutrients (Iron, Zinc and Boron) designed to provide plants with the required nutrients for early crop establishment. The Start Booster, is an improved blend, positioned to replace the traditional blends of 14-28-14 and 11-22-22. The features include:
· Promotes early shoot and stem growth
· Promotes early root growth and development.
· Prevents and corrects nutrient deficiency symptoms most commonly found in agricultural crops.
· Prevent plants from stunting, thereby preventing delays in maturity and time to harvest.
VEGETATIVE BOOSTER 20-10-10+S+Ca(DDP)+HA+ N-MAX +
Focuses on the Vegetative Development of the crop. The Vegetative Booster has a combined blend of Primary Macro Nutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium), Secondary Macro Nutrients (Sulfur and Calcium) designed to provide plants with the required nutrients for the Development stage of the crop. The Vegetative Booster is positioned against Urea, Green Plus and Sulphate of Amonium. The features include:
· Promotes vigorous plant growth.
· Increases growth of branches and stems.
· Prevents and correct nutrient deficiency symptoms most commonly found in agricultural crops during the development stage
· Improves and support the physical structure of the plant to support the production stage.
· Contains Humic Acid (Organic Component) which aids in the Increace of Nutrient Uptake, Decrease of Toxins, Increase of Water Retention, Improve Microbial Growth and Improve Soil Structure among other benefits.
YIELD BOOSTER 16-5-20+S+Mg(DDP)+ME(DDP)
Focuses on the quality aspects of production and is the final in the series. The Yield Booster has a combined blend of Primary Macro Nutrients (Nitrogen, Phosphorousand Potassium),Secondary MacroNutrients (Sulfur andMagnesium) and essential Micro Nutrients (Iron, Zinc and Boron) designed to provideplants with the required nutrients for the Production Stage of the crop. The features include:
· Promotes flowering and fruit set.
· Promote fruit development and increase crop yield.
· Promotes uniformity of fruit maturity.
· Improves plant immunity and tolerance to abiotic and biotic stress.